Major websites for Māori resources
Particularly useful entry points containing a large number of links to Māori resources on the Web:
We try and cover all aspects of our culture, through either our own pages, or through our huge links section that links to many Māori sites. Particularly good starting point for a wide range of resources.
- From Hawaiki to Hawaiki
Culture, history, mythology, legend and whakapapa
Links to a variety of Māori-related topics and resources
Other useful entry points for a broad coverage of topic and themes relevant to Māori
- Te Puna A directory to New Zealand & Pacific Island web sites -- from the National Library of New Zealand
- Links to a variety of resources from enzed.com
- Ara Ipurangi mo te Iwi Māori from the Christchurch public Library (bilingual site)
- Culture.co.nz - Links to important Māori web sites
- Te Ropu Whakahau (TRW). TRW is an organisation which unites Māori librarian and information workers in New Zealand. It aims to teach, strengthen and unite us all no matter where we are and to advocate for the improved management of Māori workers, Māori materials and Māori clients.
Arts & Culture
- Toi Māori Aotearoa - Māori Arts New Zealand
- Māori TV - the first indigenous free-to-air Māori language television station in Aotearoa New Zealand.
- Reo Tupu Computer and web-based reo Māori (Māori language) resources and services from Wordstream - Whakairo Kupu, of Aotearoa - New Zealand.
Government & Local Body Organisations
- Te Puni Kokiri - Ministry of Māori Development
- Te Mangai Paho - Māori broadcasting funding agency
- Te Taurawhiri o te Reo Māori - Māori Language Commission
- Māori Affairs ministerial portfolio - Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet
- Whariki - Māori health research group.
- Māori Health Research information - Health Research Council of New Zealand - Te Kaunahera Rangahau Hauora o Aotearoa.
- Māori Law Review - A monthly review of law affecting Māori
Māori Departments in New Zealand Universities
- Te Tumu - Māori and Indigenous studies at The University of Otago - Te Whare Wananga o Otago
- Te Kawa a Maui - Māori Studies at Victoria University - Te Whare Wananga o te Upoko o te Ika a Maui
- Te Wananga o Waipapa - Māori Studies at Auckland University
- Te Putahi-a-Toi - Māori Studies at Massey University - Te Kunenga ki Purehuroa
- Te Pua Wananga ki te Ao - School of Māori and Pacific Development at Waikato University - Te Whare Wananga o Waikato
- Māori Niupepa Collection form the University of Waikato's online digital library.
Research, Search Engines & Databases
- Māori research topics at the National Archives - Te Rua Mahara o te Kawanatanga
- Toi te Kupu He patengi raraunga mo nga rauemi reo Māori kua taia - A database of published Māori language resources
- Māori Studies resources From Auckland University
- He Kete Matauranga - Māori Research Sources and Resources: a comprehensive guide for researchers and students
- Ara Ipurangi mo te Iwi Māori - Māori Language resources from the Christchurch City Libraries
- Waka Reo - Online Māori - English - Māori dictionary from Wordstream - Whakairo Kupu
Te Tiriti o Waitangi/Treaty of Waitangi
- Office of Treaty Settlements Te Tari Whakatau Take e pa ana ki te Tiriti o Waitangi
- Text of the Treaty (Te Reo Māori)
- Text of the Treaty (English)
- CommunityNet Aotearoa an internet resource to support communities throughout Aotearoa New Zealand
- Questions and Answers about the Treaty of Waitangi
- The Waitangi Tribunal - Te Ropu Whakamana i te Tiriti o Waitangi
- Kidstuff - Treaty of Waitangi - from the Christchurch City Library
- The Trail of Waitangi - Lots of Treaty-related articles on a variety of topics
- Tino Rangatiratanga - Māori Independance sitee, includes National and local links, articles, email discussion list, legislation, anti-Globalisation resources, etc.